The character in question is Jek Porkins, aka Red 6, and Rob found a Topps Trading card that seems to show Porkins in scrum of X-Wing pilots rushing their ships. You can read Rob's full post at this link. Here are some of Rob's observations about this pilots Porkins-like helmet:
- Yellow Rebel logo on forehead.
- The “Eye of Sauron” like image on the ear. (Sorry, dont know what it is supposed to be…mynock?).
- the yellow/red “skyscraper” lines that stem from the front of the head and over.
- the thick black striping that arcs over the ear around the back and forward again to the top of the head.
- The “V” design on the back above the “eye” logo.
- the actor himself is on the heavier side and has a blondish beard.
- The helmet in the card is decorated with more logos on the top of the head BUT we do not get a great look at the helmet in the movie anyways (I believe there is a decal on the top part above the rebel logo). So it could be artistic license on both parts.
I chatted to Jason over at MakingStarWars.net and we agreed this is most likely Porkins on this card, but Jason did point out that there is a pilot in the trailer for Rogue One that has the same, if not a very very similar helmet as the one wrong by Porkins.
So what do you think? Are we going see Porkins in Rogue One? What about other Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope Pilots? Will we see Wedge? Biggs? Leave your thoughts the comments below, and head over to GenerationX-Wing to read Rob's piece in full.
Thank you for reading,
Check out the latest episode of Talk Star Wars below-