Disney Fan Club, D23 have made a press release detailing what The Force Awakens details will be made available to its members. See the press release below:
BURBANK, Calif. – NOVEMBER 02, 2015 – To celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Disney twenty-three unlocks the power of the force to give fans a look behind the making of the newest installment in the Star Wars saga. The issue opens with “guest editor” C-3PO admitting he is unfamiliar with D23: The Official Disney Fan Club (“…although I am very familiar with the R2 series of droid, I am less familiar with the D23 line. Would it be R2-D23?”) and continues with candid interviews with the original Star Wars leads—Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford—looking back (and ahead) at the ongoing strength of these out-of-this-world films.
Director J.J. Abrams—whose long-standing history with Disney goes back to the TV show Felicity—sits down for a revealing Q&A, and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy talks about inheriting one of the most beloved franchises of all time. Plus, Imagineer Scott Trowbridge gives fans a peek at what’s in store for guests at the parks, following Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger’s announcement at D23 EXPO 2015 of Star Wars-themed lands coming to Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
And the Star Wars adventures continue. Also included in the publication, available exclusively to D23 Gold Members:
- Stories behind the movie poster artwork for all seven films
- An exclusive interview with Star Wars Rebelsexecutive producer Dave Filoni, who talks about his first, nerve-wracking meeting with George Lucas
- The incredible collectibles—past and future—that allow guests to bring the movies into their homes, including the story of the groundbreaking BB-8 toy
- A salute to George Lucas by Star Warsauthority Steve Sansweet
Plus, there’s plenty of Disney magic in the winter issue of Disney twenty-three including:
- The story of how the new Disney•Pixar film The Good Dinosaur came to rule the Earth
- A look back at the creation of Fantasia, as it celebrates its 75th anniversary
- How The Finest Hours went from an unbelievable true story to a gripping new film
- Regular features including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave
Thank you for reading,